Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thank You Sir, But I Don't Care To See Your Nipples

Five years ago, I moved to New Jersey. Roughly two years ago, MTV premiered Jersey Shore. Ever since then, whenever I meet someone new and I tell them I live in New Jersey, I get asked "Ohhhhh, Jurrrseee, you know Snooki". I politely reply "Nahh", then less politely roll my eyes or shake my head (I do the same when people ask if everyone of my friends fist pump. The answer may be yes, but fist pumping is a hell of a good time). While I may not have ever met Snooki, thanks to my gym, I have met an unbelievable amount of Situation clones. The latest fad has some of the guys dressing like Wesley Snipes from White Men Can't Jump (minus the hat...which let's be honest, is quite a shame). I say latest fad, because more often than not, these nipple exhibitionists (new name for this) go with the old stand by. That's only one of the odd things about my gym. Another is the locker room (don't worry, I'll be as clean as possible). Apparently the carpet and hardwood lockers make people really comfortable. Comfortable to the point they aren't putting clothes on until it's absolutely necessary. I say do what makes you happy, however I'd appreciate it if naked dudes wouldn't fly around the corner and surprise me like Ken Jeong jumping out of a trunk in The Hangover (I'll save y'all a link on that one...this is of course a family blog).

Here's a few links to finish out your work week:

-Some fairly informative and hilarious words of wisdom from the folks at cracked.com

-You would think a hockey series wouldn't be that big of a deal when you live in such a great city...kind of a shame

-Nice little rebound after getting swept by the sox.

-Very cool Klosterman piece on what having a DVR does for sports viewing

-How about an NHL Awards Preview for the hockey fans out there?

-As a big Buffalo Bills fan, I can assure you, Donte Whitner is not in anyway underrated

-For you last minute Father's Day shoppers

-In 24 weeks or so, my buddy Andy and I will exhaustedly, but happily be crossing a finish line that is 26.2 miles from the starting line. I don't know what our reaction will be, I just hope it is less ambiguous than these guys.

That's all until Sunday. Everybody have a great week, and Happy Father's Day!

Matt
twitter.com/mstendardi

No comments:

Post a Comment