Tuesday, June 7, 2011

How The Sausage Is Made...

So, I've already had a few questions about what my training will be, diet, etc...I greatly appreciate the interest, and keep whatever questions you may have coming.

As for the training, I did a fair bit of research, and found that most programs are anywhere from 16-18 weeks. I'm a few weeks ahead of that, but I find that should help me, considering some vacations and personal commitments that will interrupt some of the structure of the calendar. I figure I'll start "officially" following a training calendar (I really like this one: http://www.marathontraining.com/marathon/m_sch_2.html)in two weeks. The next couple weeks will be used to get my diet in line and just get in a little better shape. I've never been one to follow a strict diet, but I'm guessing a little more raw veggies, and a fewer chicken fingers is probably a decent place to start. Overall, I've found www.marathontraining.com to be very helpful. They seem like they have a decent answer to almost any question, so if anyone else is getting into a similar activity, I'd check them out.

This weekend, is the Warrior Dash out in the Poconos, PA. I did it last year and it was a blast. Not too difficult, and a good way to get into the season and give me a reason to be in the gym. Here's the course map for those interested (http://www.warriordash.com/register2011_pennsylvania.php)...this year I'll be sure to remember the water is super cold, the end is very muddy, and not to dive into any obstacles head first.

I'm very appreciative of all the support and donations so far, so thanks again. I'll probably have another post after the Dash, but in the meantime, follow me on twitter (mstendardi) for updates that involve significantly less characters.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment