Tuesday, June 21, 2011

$9 Socks, NJ Driving, and 30th birthdays

Hey everyone. I wanted to post earlier this week, however I had some home internet issues (don't worry Dad, I paid my bill). Anyway, its late and I don't have much in the way of cohesive thoughts, so this is gonna be Aaron Karo style ruminations/rumblings.

I went for a bit of a distance run this past Saturday (7.5 miles) with mixed results. My pace was good throughout (8:57...which is what I'm shooting for in Philly), my legs felt great, my playlist was superb, but my feet decided to be a party pooper. I've always had "soft feet", so whenever I run myself into shape, I can get some wicked blisters (anyone interested in a gross pic can hit up my twitter @mstendardi). Around mile 5 my feet felt uncomfortable, and it just got worse from there. I was finally out there again today after a few days rest (from running, still lifted and hit the bike), and a purchase of $9 socks (sad face).

One interesting trend on facebook is seeing everyone's status hate on the driving in NJ. I've been traveling almost every weekend of late, and let me tell my limited audience; you all have your issues too. Have you ever driven through Pennsylvania? You could drive through it on Friday, and people are moving like they don't have anywhere to be until Sunday. People in Connecticut drive on the shoulder, Marylanders never learned the left lane is the passing lane, and in New York there's a different thing to whine about every five miles. The point is this; pay attention, put on some good tunes and relax. You can only control what happens in your own car, and updating your facebook with a whiney status ain't helping you make positive contributions to the traffic situation (especially if you're updating while driving).

I think someone at NYSC might have seen my last post, because they were unofficially sponsoring 'Hot girls in yoga pants day' today. It was athletic apparel karma, and I loved every bit of it.

My friends Nick and Kerrilee had a joint 30th birthday party this past Saturday. It was quite a good time. I always love seeing my friends from college in a group setting. Lots of laughs, good company, and someone is always picking up a couple fresh pitchers. That said, 30 is something of a landmark birthday, and not one many look forward to. It's almost like a finish line for doing "young people" things on the "bucket list". My 30th is 10 months away, and come November I'll be able to cross another one of those items off. And while this past saturday I learned that my bowling game isn't what it used to be, at least I can afford $9 socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment