Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tech Issues, Crazy Heat & The Art Of A Playlist

Good news/bad news...The good news is that the donations are going very well so far. After only two days, I'm up over the $300 mark (which for you mathematicians is over 10% of the way to my goal). The bad news is the donation site is having some tech issues. It should be worked out by tomorrow, or Friday at the latest, so stay tuned and I'll let everyone know. A very big thank you to all who have donated so far, it means a tremendous amount.

If you live anywhere east of Michigan and south of Toronto, you know today was quite a hot one. According to my car's somewhat unreliable thermometer, it cracked 100. Since today was an off day from the gym, my buddy Trevor and I decided to play some tennis, and wow...If I was to describe the heat in one word, it would oppressive. Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty scorching as well, however in addition to dudes who grunt a lot, and a dirty locker room, my gym has air conditioning.

One would think if you were planning on spending two hours at the gym, 35-40 songs loaded up on your iPod would be plenty. Just put that bad boy on shuffle and do what you do. One would be wrong. I've found I can run to almost anything, but when it comes to lifting, it better sound like something a UFC fighter would walk out to. Nothing is going to break your lifting stride like listening to the Barenaked Ladies muse about dijon ketchup and kraft dinners. So whether you enjoy the hip-hop, death metal or the pop melodies a 14 year old would dig, load your playlists wisely. Nobody likes to be surprised with a dumbbell over their head.

No comments:

Post a Comment