Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How 'Bout 'Dem Bills, Odd Discovery, & Links

I spent the majority of this past Sunday either sitting in an airport, on a plane, sitting in traffic or sleeping. Because of the amazing time I had at my cousin Rachael's wedding, I wasn't able to watch most of Sunday's football games. I was however able to listen to the Buffalo Bills crazy comeback win to move to an improbable 2-0. I'm not booking playoff tickets yet, but as a pretty diehard fan of a pretty historically inept team, a couple weeks of success is a welcome break from the normal fall Sunday. I'm sure this will all come crashing back down to earth as hated Patriots, led by man's man Tom Brady, come into town, but it sure has been a fun start to the season.

Since I've been writing this blog, I've been delighted to see the traffic to my posts gain traction almost weekly (with the exception of the power outage hiccup...Don't worry I'm not bitter). I decided to research where most of my traffic was coming from. By far, Facebook was the biggest source of traffic. Twitter was the second most, followed by google searches and my friend Meg's blog (Thanks Meg!). Seeing that this was popping up in google searches, I was curious what the searches were. Optimistically I was thinking "marathon blog" "marathon training blog" "matt stendardi is hot", etc... were going to be the most likely searches. Well, sadly I discovered I get the most google traffic from people searching for shirtless pictures of Wesley Snipes, due to a previous post. Sadly for Wesley, this blog doesn't make a dime, so it won't exactly help him out with his current predicament.

Let's round out with some links for the evening:

-Pretty crazy read for you online poker fans out there

-For some unknown reason, we're still not quite tired of Charlie Sheen yet

-Very interesting reaction from Jim Boeheim regarding Syracuse's impending departure from the Big East

-If you saw the Mayweather/Ortiz boxing fiasco this weekend, check this out

-Yep, (Mac users nod happily)

-Looks like I'm not the only one excited about the Bills start...still cynically preparing for the inevitable though

Got a guest blog from Andy coming up tomorrow, and I'll be back with a training update (big change coming at the end of the month).

Matt
twitter.com/mstendardi

No comments:

Post a Comment