Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Getting back in the saddle...very gingerly

So, as anyone who knows me (which is 99.9% of the readers I have) knows, I just got back from vacation. As much as I love random travels, this particular one holds a special place in my heart. My family has been going to Lumina on the Lake Of Bays for 29 years. Over that time, I've made friends that I will have for life, and it seems like I meet new people every year that feel like old friends. The week basically consists of an exhausting amount of water sports, occasional golf, and copious amounts of caesars, beers (which are stronger than our beers here), caps, and events that result in regrettable costumes (see any facebook pics I may have).

Anyway, this year was a bit better than the years past as we were fortunately (relatively) injury free (Momma, at 60 years old, decided to try kneeboarding. Well, that kneeboard decided to give her a pretty sweet shiner. Not saying don't try new things at 60, just beware, and make sure it's not wakeboarding). The weather this year was also considerably better than in years past. Other than my atrocious play on the links, and going to bed way to late, it was pretty much a perfect vacation (don't regret the late bed time, but having to get up early afterwards). Between said late bed times, and waterskiing like I was 16 again, I'm a solid mix of sore and overtired. So, that said, I'm back at work, and finally on my official training calendar (lovely combination to go with my mental state...which I've titled, The Lumina Hangover). It's a little modified to account for my schedule, but that's why I'll have something else up here tomorrow. I was able to get a run in while up there, and while not that long, had some brutal hills. That along with waterskiing and some tennis kept my legs in pretty solid shape, so thankfully I didn't go backwards.

See everyone back tomorrow for an update and some gym revelations.

Matt
twitter.com/mstendardi

No comments:

Post a Comment