Monday, August 8, 2011

I Hate Moving (But I Love Morristown), Minor Setback & Links

So things have been a bit busy over the past week. In addition to catching up on work, I was presented with the opportunity to move out of my apartment near the hood, and move into a pretty sweet apartment in Morristown. Anyone who knows Jersey, knows Morristown is quite a fun area, so obviously I jumped at the opportunity...in fact, if the opportunity were a person I would have hugged it very tight and very long, to a point of borderline awkwardness. Seeing as I'm swamped with weddings a month or so from now, and I have no allegiance to my current living quarters, the next couple weeks will consist of work, training, and moving tons of stuff 15 miles up the road. Some people who haven't been to my current place may ask, 'What's wrong with where you live now?' To that, I present you with Why I Gotta Get Out Of Here:

-I'm directly between downtown Plainfield and Scotch Plains. Downtown Scotch Plains is fine, but not too much is there. Downtown Plainfield is brutal. It's like the worst of Baltimore with a dusting of New Jersey attitude.

-The 60+ year old lady above me was smoking a blunt out front the other day. No joke. I'm fine with doing what you please, but that was a shocker.

-I think you can equate the quality of where you live by the ratio of women that have tattoos on their boobies. Let's just say there's many a booby tattoo where I live


On the training side of things, I had a minor setback. After horsing around this weekend (whether it was a giant slip and slide, playing with my friend's kids, or my sisters dog, who knows), I was running today and felt some soreness in my right leg, which as I kept pressing, I realized was a pulled groin muscle. Thankfully I noticed it early, and just have to rest it for a couple days. While I wish I could make some fun dinner plans for the next couple nights, I'll probably just be packing boxes.

Here's some links to kick off the week:

-I promise to never post about the economy again, but this is worth looking at, and get very worried about

-Fine with me I guess. How about we get a little more than the McGahee trade though?

-Here's something that'll excite teenage girls and infuriate any girl over 25. Guys across the country won't care.

-Get ready for that Fantasy Football Draft boys and girls!

-Oh silly Kanye. Nobody thinks you're Hitler. They think you're a pompous ass, because well...you're a pompous ass.

Catch up with everyone in the next day or so,

Matt
twitter.com/mstendardi

No comments:

Post a Comment