Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Final Countdown

Well I'm writing this bad boy from my hotel room, and it's gonna be snappy, because I have to wake up quite early tomorrow. I felt I needed to do a last check-in however to discuss how the last couple days have been leading up to tomorrow's marathon. Let's put it this way, so far this could have gone considerably more smoothly.

For starter, Andrew's flight got in over 3 hours late (at 2:00am), which sort of jacked up the sleep schedule for the weekend. Then my windshield got broken on the drive down, got stuck in traffic, check-in was fine, got stuck in traffic again on the way to the hotel. Got to the hotel to find out there are two Crowne Plaza's in Philly, and we're staying at the one that isn't near the start (add cab-fare on the weekend bill), and also our room wasn't ready. (Note to hotels, I appreciate the steps you take to fancy up the room, but I don't need the fancy folds in the toilet paper if it means I will get in my room a little quicker).

All that said though, I had a nice day hanging with my family and Andrew. We hit the Liberty Bell (meaning visited, not trying to cause new cracks), the first Supreme Court, Assembly Hall and had a nice italian/carb load dinner.

Now we're back at the hotel drinking a bunch of water and getting ready to wake up at 4:30am to make sure we can eat before what will be a somewhat chilly and no doubt grueling endeavor. Thank you again to everyone for the support over the past months. I'll be posting over the next week, as I won't have anything else to do considering I probably won't be able to move.

G'night,

Matt

twitter.com/mstendardi

No comments:

Post a Comment